Regular Weekend Holy Mass Schedule

8:30 a.m.
11:00 a.m.
6:00 p.m.

5:00 p.m

Holy Week & Easter Mass Times

Holy Thursday – 6:00 pm

Good Friday – 6:00 pm

Easter Vigil – 8:00 pm

Easter Sunday – 8:30 am & 11:00 am

Bas Relief in front of St. Paul’s Cathedral

This bas relief is featured on the front of St. Paul Church. The feathered quill pen represents Paul’s writings; the traditional sword a reference to his statement “the Word of God is sharper than a two-edged sword; the sail boat and waves refer to his many journeys; the chains to his imprisonment and his statement that the Word of God cannot be chained; the crown to his words that he “run the race, fought the good fight and God has a merited crown reserved for me.”

From US Route 22 take the Main Street Exit north into Weirton. Travel approximately 1.5 miles north on Main Street, our church is a modernistic, white brick church on the right hand side just past the Tudor’s Biscuit World.

View Larger Map

Weirton, West Virginia
Adopted by Parish Vote May 2006

The Risen Jesus summons the Catholic parish family of St. Paul to be a beacon of hope in a dramatically changing city.

Empowered by the Holy Spirit and strengthened by the
Eucharist, we are committed to sharing God’s love:

  • by offering concrete signs of hope to all, especially to the elderly, the poor and the disheartened.
  • by ministering through prayer, worship, and sacraments,
  • by living as a welcoming and nurturing community.

St. Paul Parish traces its origin to 1880 when a mission was organized in Weirton. The Phillips Sheet and Tin Plate Company, now Weirton Steel, had attracted many Catholics, including a number of Polish immigrants. Saint Paul Parish was established in 1911 for the families. Weirton Steel donated property for the church. In 1915 the parish divided to accommodate the growing Polish community and Sacred Heart of Mary Parish was formed. A private home was purchased for the non-Polish parishioners. On May 27, 1916, St. Paul Parish was established and designated to serve the Catholics of Weirton, Holidays Cove, Wheeling Junction, Colliers and New Cumberland. The church was dedicated two years later. In 1957 the parish was further divided and St. Joseph the Worker Parish was formed on Weirton Heights. The first school was built by 1924 and staffed by the Servants of Mary. The present church was built in 1972.”

– Excerpted from the book Faith in the Mountains: Dr. Tricia T. Pyne

You can purchase Dr. Pyne’s wonderful book, Faith in the Mountains:  A History of the Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston 1850-2000, on

The Parish Finance Council assists the pastor in the fiscal and physical administration of the parish. Members of the Council have complete access to all parish financial records. They must approve the annual budget and any expenditure over $5000. The Council also reports annually to the parish on the financial condition of the parish and assists in educating the community on stewardship.

Anthony Sessi, 740-632-2584

Angla Reinard, 304-797-9641

Katrina Mills, 304-748-1182

James Mazzone, 304-748-2053

Joe Edmiston, 304-224-1644

Fr Binu Sebastian,  Pastor, 304-748-4118

Gary Balint                          304-797-8248                                 garybalint@

Beverly Petrelli                 304-797-0267             

Darlene Sessi                     724-947-9292                           

Cindy Oliver                        304-748-5093                           

Carla Young                        304-748-1301                      

Kim Edmiston                    304-224-1644                

Jason Miller                        304-724-8710                   

John Porco                          304-670-3361                   

Robert Marino                    304-723-1662                    

Fr Binu Sebastian, Pastor

Mrs. Richelle Brinkley (Office Manager)

Ms. Carrie Shultz, Music Director

Miss, Rachel Reardon,  CCD Coordinator

Mr. James Lesho, Principal
Mr. Robert Wasson, Cemetery Sexton